Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Segovia


There are so many things that I love about being an exchange student, and creative surprises are just one.


(Photo credited to Danielle)

Eight of us students from Madrid went to Segovia to surprise another student for her birthday.

Upon arrival, we all got newspapers. As we were waiting for Sarah to bring Linda into town, we spread out around the plaza. You can imagine the looks of people walking by, gradually noticing eight students "casually" spread out around the place.

(Caroline on a bench)

We got quite a few looks, followed by people pointing us out, looking at us in a happy, confused manner.

(Zeke against aqueduct, Mackenzie on stairs)


(Jake on a bench...)

...Pictures can explain the 'ridiculous-ness' the best?


We later headed out to the castle, which I have wanted to see for a long time. The class trip to Spain that my American school takes stops by this castle. I have seen many pictures from the bulletin board in class. It was really cool to finally be "there," as I studied that bulletin board for quite some time.

Especially the map. Sitting, wondering where my new home would be.

We then continued to take pictures, climb the tower, and grab some churros right before heading home.

Saying goodbye to my two dear friends Sarah & Linda in Segovia made me realize the reality of my situation. As I will see them again at the end-of-stay orientation, the thought of early goodbyes is so very...sudden.


When one door closes, another one opens. And sometimes those doors are slammed shut in your face- while the opened doors are rather hard to find. There are fake doors, trap doors, and others that lead to secret passage ways. It is our job to find those hidden doors, and persue the surprises that the other side brings.



-mb

No comments:

Post a Comment