Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Super Bowl Monday

Monday?

My story's short, but here it goes.

So last week or so I was talking to my host parents about the Super Bowl. They were saying how they have the channel, and we could watch it together. Later in the week, finding out that my dear Chicago Bears were not going to play, and the game Spain time was 1AM, I figured I was going to skip out on watching the game this year, and possibly catch a re-run.



SUNDAY, FEB. 6TH

23:50- I head off to bed.

MONDAY, FEB. 7TH

00:30- My host mom comes into my room, turns the lights on, and energetically tells me that the Super Bowl is on. I, a bit delirious, continue to tell her that I already knew, and it comes on at 1AM. She asked me if I wanted to watch it with my host dad (who was very interested in watching it...).

Me, knowing that the Super Bowl lasts 3.5 hours- continued to tell her that I would watch it if that meant I didn't have to go to school tomorrow. And if I did have to go to school, I didn't want to. So nodded and I got up to go downstairs and find the channel.



ONE HOUR LATER

Host dad falls asleep.

HALF TIME SHOW

Was awesome.



So the commentary was in Spanish, and we had NO commercials of any type. No American commercials or even Spanish. I am still confused by this, but I found a website to watch Darth Vader magically turn on a car and hear about the 42 wild Italians.

4:30AM- Game is over.

4:50- Go back to sleep.

7:00- My host mom wakes me up to go to school.

Story of my life? I think so.


-mb

No comments:

Post a Comment