Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Where in the World?

So after mutiple questions of:     "Is the food there spicy?"


I have decided that people don't actually know where I live.



It's not close to Mexico and we do not eat Mexican food. I do not remember eating a single spicy food here. Paella, squid, chicken, croquetas, soups, salad (lettuce+olive oil+tomatos y nada mas...), Spanish tortilla (which is NOT a tortilla for tacos. It's more like....scrambled eggs), french fries (eaten with a FORK...), pizza ("American style"), octopus (which is actually good my friends...), other types of seafood, and the famous Spanish ham are common foods in my current life. There are all types of food eaten in this country. The thing about this little country is that there are "typical foods" in every city. Even the small towns have their typical dish.

A big steak? Would feed four.

Meat isn't eaten in such large porportions like it is in the states. It's accompanied by other foods of course but, isn't eaten in large proportions. And like I said before, snacking inbetween meals just... doesn't happen. It's no rule- but just not... something you do. An unwritten rule.

Center of Spain- Puerta del Sol

Back to the point. Where in the world am I? Currently, I am in Alicante, Spain. For the first five months of my experience I lived in the capital- Madrid. Which is in the center of Spain.

Here's a bit of a breakdown. Spain is in Europe.

Europe.

Spain.

And finally Madrid and Alicante. About five hours in car, three hours in train, and forty minutes in plane apart.


There are five-thousand-six-hundred-eleven miles from Madrid to Mexico City. They aren't neighbors.

Infact, my American house is some four thousand miles closer to Mexico than my Spanish house.

A view from the Santa Barbara Castle.





So..... now you know.

-mb




*The map pictures aren't mine- just the added arrows.

***Blogger was down for mantinence and I lost three posts and all comments since May 5th. Only two posts were recovered but none of my comments were. Amazingly, my mom printed off a hardcopy of  "Possibly the most difficult post I will ever have to write in my life" and so all three are back. Comments are still gone though. This is the reason for the absence and misordering of posts...***

No comments:

Post a Comment