Monday, August 9, 2010

curve ball

WoW! I check my AFS account today and saw more members of my host family added to the list! I have four host siblings: 2 host brothers ages 20 and 11, and 2 host sisters that will be 15/16 this year. I am really excited! :)

Today there was an orientation for myself and another student who is going to Switzerland. He leaves in less than 10 days and still doesn't know his host family...(!!!) (Jonathan I hope you find out soon!) A big thanks to everyone who was at the orientation. It's always fun to hear AFS stories. An AFS returnee friend from Argentia was also there too. Talking with returnees is always really nice- they can give you the best information since they have already gone through the experience.

Curve Ball? It's something talked about at orientation today. Happens in every experience and you can't advoid them. Who knows, maybe I'll get another notice saying i have 10 siblings. I'm not sure what to expect anymore! :)


ciao ciao -mb

No comments:

Post a Comment