Friday, July 9, 2010

numero nueve


Today I was thrilled to get a text message from a friend who had just safely landed in the US from being gone one year with AFS-Germany. It wasn't until much later I looked at my phone for the time to find myself staring at the date- July 9th, 2010. For some reason I felt a sense of importance. Panicking, I thought that I had missed something. Well, not quite. July 9th, 2011 is the day I will be flying home from Europe. Time is really powerful, and I'm caught up in a million thoughts of what this next year will bring.

For the first time in history Spain will play in the World Cup FINAL vs. the Netherlands on Sunday. For those of you who follow the World Cup, (and trust me I didn't until we hosted a European :)you already know Spain beat Germany 1-0 to move on to the final. Very exciting, as I will just happen to be at a welcome home party for my fellow friend that day. Reguardless, the worst Spain can get is second, right? :)



No more news from AFS yet. Still waiting...

Tschüß! -mb

No comments:

Post a Comment